Complaints Procedure

As we value our customers feedback and wish to ensure the smooth running of your account, we have a complaints procedure in place. It provides a structured approach to handle complaints and ensures USAVE is consistent in servicing customers who have reason to complain. It allows us to measure our performance in dealing with complaints from customers and the regulator. We can also measure the satisfaction of customers once the issue has been resolved

What Can I Expect?

We will deal with all complaints promptly, politely, and fairly. We aim to provide a high standard of service but, unfortunately, there may be times when we make a mistake. If this happens you are entitled to expect anyone, or a combination, of the following:

  • An apology
  • An explanation
  • Details of the action we have taken to put things right
  • An award of compensation in appropriate circumstances

How Do I Make A Complaint?

You can make a complaint in writing, by email or by telephone. If you are writing or emailing your complaint, please provide your telephone number if a response by telephone would be convenient. If you are emailing, please state if a reply by email is required, and, if not, please provide a full postal address.

Where Do I Send My Complaint?

In Writing: USAVE Complaints Department, Martin Hale, Usave Utility Contracts Ltd, Office 7 Cumbernauld Business Park Wardpark Road, Cumbernauld, G67 3JZ

By Telephone: 0800-368-8136

By Email:

What Will Happen Next?

We will provide a substantive response to your complaint, outlining what we have done in response, and any outstanding actions and required timescales, within 14 working days of receiving it. Our objective is then to ensure you are kept fully updated as we work to resolve your complaint.

What If you are not satisfied with the Initial response?

If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can contact Anthony Hale CEO email or in writing addressed to:

Anthony Hale CEO


Cumbernauld Business Park

Office 7

Wardpark Road


G67 3JZ


asking for an internal review of the complaint by a senior company person. When sending such a request, please state the reason for your dissatisfaction and include your customer reference in your correspondence.

Independent Advice

If matters still cannot be resolved, you can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). The Citizens Advice consumer service provides free and independent help and advice to small businesses on energy issues from contract issues to making a complaint or advice if you’re struggling to afford your bills.

Visit the ‘Know Your Rights’ publication for more information:

You can consult the Citizens Advice Bureau at any stage in the complaints process.

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454-04-05-06 or visit

What If My Complaint Still Hasn’t Been Resolved?

If you remain unsatisfied with the response to your complaint, and we have informed you that we can take no further action, or 8 weeks has passed since you originally told us about your complaint, you have the right to contact the Energy Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is there to help resolve disputes between energy Consultants and their customers. It is free to use their services, and they are totally independent – so they do not take sides, and make their decision based only on the information available. Their final decision is binding on the energy consultancy, not the customer. The Energy Ombudsman can be contacted as follows:

Address Ombudsman Services: Energy, PO Box 966 Warrington, WA4 9DF Tel 03304401624


USAVE UTILITY CONTRACTS is a member of the Energy Ombudsman Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme